Oilsorb-Ultra ‘Siltscreen’ – Silt Containment Boom
Specialist water-permeable barrier used to contain silt pollution caused by:
|Bridge pontoon construction||Rivers|
|Drilling & pile driving||Canals|
|Cable laying||Reservoirs, Lakes|
- Unique 300 gsm Oilsorb-Ultra Siltscreen filter media.
- 8mm galvanised chain ballast in double thickness bottom keel pocket.
- Closed cell polyethylene foam in top buoyancy pocket.
- 10mm polypropylene rope through foam core for anchoring.
- Extra rope supplied for mooring and looping back to keel chain for shared load tension.
- 1500mm depth suitable for most water depths near construction activity.
- Other depths to suit customer requirements.
- Disposable filter media keeps replacement costs down when fully saturated.
- Chain and foam can be re-used in replacement screens. Or filter media can be back-washed and re-used.
- Fast deployment technique allows screen to be stored out of water till needed.
- Filter design allows water to flow freely through it, even in strong currents.
- Very high tensile strength resists tearing and impact damage.
- Made to span customer’s site in one continuous length up to 50 metres long.
- Manufactured and assembled completely in our factory.
- Anchor systems available as options.
- Integral debris and oil containment booms available as options.
- Competitively priced to encourage use on all waterway civil engineering projects.
- Fast manufacturing time for urgent projects and replacement booms.
- Used by British Waterways, Groundtech, Murphy, Transco, MWH, Morrison, Story, SIAC Construction, BP and others.
- Used to help gain approval of your method statement by the Environment Agency.
Alternatively contact us on the following details:
Telephone: (+44) 01228 710 205